review this computer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

willotree

Solid State Member
This is the comp that I'm looking forward to buying, so comment it for me: the goods, bads, etc.

here

I know the athlons kill the pentium d's but how bad are the pentium d's? I assume they're not that bad at all are they?

Also, the power supply is a little low (looking to get the 7600gt a little later) so i'm looking at this PSU (click), not entirely sure if compatible, so is it?

Overall, what do you guys think about that system i posted above? worth the $$? I'm pretty much looking for a gaming system, does not have to be so high end tho, as any mid level of gaming performance is an improvement compared to the system i have now.

thanks for your inputs.

so with that $$'s worth i can customize a much better computer?

i'm quite new to the computer building process, i know some of the basics, but no idea how to set things up and what's compatible with what.

with a $$1200 budget, what do i get?

-mobo
-processor
-psu
-gfx card
-sound card?
-harddrive

what cables to get? what connects what together?

I could take apart all of the things on my current computer and replace with new things, but what else do i need?

instead of that dreamer fx i decided on my own athlon 64 x2 configuration and this is what i came to:

Case ( [New !!!] Tuniq Symmetry Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Black )
Case Lighting ( Neon Light Blue )
Power Supply ( Standard Case Power Supply )
Processor ( [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 X2 4200+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology )
Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink + 2 Extra Color Lighting Case Fans )
Motherboard ( eVGA nForce-4 SLI Chipset Dual DDR w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB )
Memory ( 2048 MB [1024MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )
Video Card ( Nvidia Geforce 7600GT 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Hard Drive ( 250 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache] )
2nd Hard Drive ( None )
Raid Configuration ( None )
CD/DVD Drive ( 16x DVD-ROM Drive Black )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( [Lightscribe Technology] 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Black )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Speaker System ( None )
Fax Modem ( None )
Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
Floppy Drive ( None )
Monitor ( None )
2nd Monitor ( None )
Keyboard ( PS/2 104 Key Windows 98 Keyboard Beige )
Mouse ( Logitech Optical Internet Mouse Black )
USB 2.0 Accessories ( Build-in USB 2.0 Ports )
Meter Display ( None )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer Black )
Operation System ( None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only )
Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner ( None )
Case Round Cable ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower )
IEEE-1394 Fire Wire Card ( None )
USB Flash Drive ( None )
MP3 Player ( None )
TV Tuner ( None )
Video Camera ( None )
Headset ( None )
Power Protection ( None )
Printer ( None )
Printer Cable ( None )
Warranty ( Warranty Service Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty )
Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) No Rush, Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

This is a good setup for about $1300 right?

I won't be needing SLi mode for gfx so it most likely will go to waste.

Warranty is a no no no no dont get a warranty on it. It has been suggested to me NUMEROUS times by family and others to not buy a warranty most of the time its a waste of money. You can just use that money to fix it if something goes wrong. If nothing goes wrong and you buy a warranty kiss that money goodbye.

i dont think you get to choose between warranty or not. it's either that 3 year warranty or those extended warranties which = more $$.

They cant force you to buy a warranty. Just dont buy one. You dont need one at all. I mean how much is the 3 year $249?

uh what i mean is that they dont give an option to unselect the warranty plan. :(

is there a way to deselect it?

Oh thats weak does it say how much it is? You are right though I have heard someone else saying they did not have a option to deselect a warranty option. Which site are you ordering from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom