My final build: Purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm i tryed the 42" LCD tv but didnt work for me.It wasnt in my face like my monitors their right there.So you get more into it instead of looking up at this huge thing on the wall.Plus sold it on ebay and got a Awesome theater projector.Freakin awesome for watching tv or any sporting event.Never thought about getting the 30" dell screen but I know they make good screens just dont like buying stuff from them.Also I wish i made that salary.:) Post some pics we you get done I love seeing peoples rigs.Also their is nothing like the self gratification of building your own computer, or even ocing it to some exspensive or like nothing in the market.Why does he need A 1kw psu that is BS pointless c**p that isnt needed unless iam missing something.

Wow, that's alot of $$$ to blow on a computer. I spent less than a grand on my computer (including the display) and it does just about everything yours will.....LoL.

I'm pretty much dead set on the display for right now, I don't know about ghosting merely for the fact that it's 16ms response time, I've seen 2ms's with reviews of ghosting, and 16ms's that have been reported to have none, as I see it, it goes either way depending on the quality of the display, and as I understand it, Sony is one of the best in any department.

As for the power supply, well, you could call it future-proofing, this is built for the future, not so much for the present, I can't say how much money I'll have in the future, so I'll have to do as much as I can with the money I have now, does that not make sense? honestly, I don't know how many peripherals I'll have in here at the end, it may seem like overkill now for the current setup, but at least I can feel confident that the PSU will handle almost anything I throw at it in the near future.

Frank Jaeger said:
Wow, that's alot of $$$ to blow on a computer. I spent less than a grand on my computer (including the display) and it does just about everything yours will.....LoL.
you sure about that? I doubt it, let's see the benchmark comparisons when I get this up and running.

Honestly as cool as a computer is having spent thousands on it, its will become outdated very quick as technology moves so fast, a computer in 2 years at a cheaper price will whopp it. Im sayin you should get a very nice build, but not overkill, you know? I think that money could be spent more responsibly.
Give yourself 2,000 dollars for a comp, and it will be very nice.

Well since you have the money I would go with something that will last a while, a 600W+ PSU a good LCD monitor and some Raptor HDD since you have the money. Those things will last a while, but new GPUs and CPUs come out often. I say get a 3800+ and a X1900 XT then save money for when the next generation of hardware comes out you will have the money for it. With the money you have saved you could get a R600/G80 when they come out, a new CPU, and a PPU.

But you might have to update your motherboard and RAM, so I say get a MSI Neo4-f AMD motherboard and 2GB of RAM and when the time comes get a Conroe motherboard (along with the CPU of course) and DDR2 RAM. You also should save up money and get Vista when it comes out.

Basically the things that will last you a while will be the PSU, HDDs, the case, and a good monitor. So getting a PCP&C PSU 1KW (850W costs almost as much as the 1KW), Raptor HDD(s), and an LCD with high resolutions (which will really pay off once you get a G80 or R600 as they will probably play games like BF2 at really high resolutions easilly).

PZEROFGH said:
So you bought your computer just so you can do benchmarks...:amazed:
Not exactly, this is for gaming, I was only suggesting that jaeger do some comparisons with me, since he thinks a computer for under $1000 w/monitor matches up to one for almost $3500 w/o monitor
adam02 said:
Honestly as cool as a computer is having spent thousands on it, its will become outdated very quick as technology moves so fast, a computer in 2 years at a cheaper price will whopp it. Im sayin you should get a very nice build, but not overkill, you know? I think that money could be spent more responsibly.
Give yourself 2,000 dollars for a comp, and it will be very nice.
I don't get you people, do you not read the entire thread, I'm buying this and keeping it updated at every significant performance increase, this is not to say I will buy every new processor, etc. I'm saying every jump of 30-40% performance I'll upgrade to.
Beefcake said:
Well since you have the money I would go with something that will last a while, a 600W+ PSU a good LCD monitor and some Raptor HDD since you have the money. Those things will last a while, but new GPUs and CPUs come out often. I say get a 3800+ and a X1900 XT then save money for when the next generation of hardware comes out you will have the money for it. With the money you have saved you could get a R600/G80 when they come out, a new CPU, and a PPU.

But you might have to update your motherboard and RAM, so I say get a MSI Neo4-f AMD motherboard and 2GB of RAM and when the time comes get a Conroe motherboard (along with the CPU of course) and DDR2 RAM. You also should save up money and get Vista when it comes out.

Basically the things that will last you a while will be the PSU, HDDs, the case, and a good monitor. So getting a PCP&C PSU 1KW (850W costs almost as much as the 1KW), Raptor HDD(s), and an LCD with high resolutions (which will really pay off once you get a G80 or R600 as they will probably play games like BF2 at really high resolutions easilly).
See though, that would make sense if I didn't care about upgrading in the relatively far future, the base components for this will suffice for almost any hardware for a long, long time.

As for the monitor, honestly, as I already stated, if it doesn't work out the way I want it, I will buy what you may call a regular LCD monitor, be it the 23" Sony or the 30" Dell you suggested, but I can tell you, that will not be necessary unless I'm extremely dis-satisfied with the performance of this display as a monitor.

Edit: another thing is, while I do not have a job now, I do not think that will be the case for very long, yes I know how long $28,000 lasts (not long at all), but I, in no sense, seek to waste money where it is not needed, computer gaming is just something I enjoy, so I saw fit to spend a fair amount on it, other than that, and perhaps a car, I can save money for quite a while, couple that with a job, saving from that as well, and I'll have a decent, if not, growing nest egg for upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom