Video Playback trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
I have a video (i can upload it if needed) and when i play it in VLC the video plays fine, but no sound (only a few 1/2 sec blips like 5x at the same point everytime). I tried using WMP10 and the sound comes out fine but the video freezes then after a few secs, goes to where it should be (like lag) but i dont think it is as i have no other progs running (except like aim and suff). I installed K-Lite Mega codec pack and same exact thing with both media players. (I dont think VLC even looks for codecs). Info as to why this or how i can fix it would be appreciated. Thanks

Well, to me that says that the video could be currupt or just poorly encoded.

Did you download it from P2P?

[EDIT]
WOW, I must be tired. G-Spot is only for AVI files. My bad, sorry.

Ok, so i reencoded it to avi using SUPER and i think it works (with minor lag, prob my cup) Is there anyway i can find the bitrate of the orig, in the encoding i put it high, but i would like to keep it the orig so as not to make the file unnecessarially big.

Just ran GSpot wth the new avi file

Ok, i rebooted and the new video seemed to play fine, but the image quality was lower. I kept same aspect ratio and resoltution. And i see that the file size of the new file is lower so perhaps i put the video bitrate lower than the orig file. So how can i find the orig bitrate?

EDIT: I thought i kept the same ratio and res, but the new file is auctually wider (720x480) The Properties page of the orig file is blank. ima try to take a screen shot and measure. Ok the orig is 640x480(4:3) so mabey i picked the wrong aspect ratio. Ill re-reendode the orig keeping 4:3 and put the bit rate higher than i did in the first reencode. I still need to kno the orig vid birtate. (i kno i asked that Q like 3 times :) )

EDIT: Does this seem correct?

The audio frequency was lower that i was alowed to change it to. Does it affect the size of the audio portion, if it does, ill either raise or lower the bitrate to compensate for this and get a more accurate video bitrate.

EDIT: The audio frequency is 32000. Can i set taht with this:

and also what should i set the Video thing to?
:beard:

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting:beard:

I fixed the aspect ratio and the video bit rate slightly higher than what says in the screen shot, and video quality is same and new file is slightly larger, so i guess i fixed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom