why does everybody hate the fx-60???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea its watercooling and hes sitting in the same room as me at this LAN party.
FX-60.png

i think its that whole x17 multiplyer though... wouldn't it be much more efficient if it was the fsb raised... or htt, whichever one it is

who cares if the fsb isn't high, you have a slight performance hit because of that. but 3.6 is better than if it was oc'ed to 3.0 with a high fsb.

FX-60

well, the first thing that I think is that the FX-60 is an overrated processor. If you wanted one that functions like it, just get an X2.

However,

As the FX is the elite gaming line, i think that it would be nice to try it out.

But a dual core GAMING processor?

Come on!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
ATX Xion Solaris Case w/ 650 wtt. Power Supply
HP LightScribe 16x Dual-Layer +/- DVD burner
LG 16x DVD-ROM
19" ViewSonic LCD monitor
Creative X-Fi PRO sound card
7.1 channel speakers
MSI Micro-Star Neo2 KX480 motherboard
ATI All-In-One PCI Express Video Card
2048 MB Crucial Ballistic Memory
300 GB SATA150 hard drive (partioned in two)

MAC OS X tiger running on one partition (PearPC)

Windows Media Center Edition 2005 on the other

Shoot I dont really like the fx-60 becuase i Already have two x2 computers a opty 170 and 4800+.Iam use opty right now for games.
Iam giving my FX-57 rig to my son since he only has a 3200+ (which is a awesome Chip).Anyways Gaming right now isnt using the other core so it is kinda pointless.Plus when games start using both cores there will be better chips out.

NosBoost300 said:
i think its that whole x17 multiplyer though... wouldn't it be much more efficient if it was the fsb raised... or htt, whichever one it is
There is no such thing as a FSB with current AMD chips.

Shoot I dont really like the fx-60 becuase i Already have two x2 computers a opty 170 and 4800+.Iam use opty right now for games.
Iam giving my FX-57 rig to my son since he only has a 3200+ (which is a awesome Chip).Anyways Gaming right now isnt using the other core so it is kinda pointless.Plus when games start using both cores there will be better chips out
Two widely played games are already out, please wake up. I saw his machine in action and ther was nothing here that could compare to it. Not even a very OCed 4800+.

There is no such thing as a FSB with current AMD chips.

sure there is. its just called the HTT, don't be pedantic. it performs virtually the same tasks except in a slightly different manner because the memory controller is on die. i agree with P.P. stop dual core bashing because games are starting to support multi-threaded games and a dual core in a single threaded game will do as well if not better than an equivelant clocked single core.....except you have an entire core to spare for background processes which in my case i find very handy for encoding. anyone want to take a bet over the effectiveness of my manchester at 2.6ghz vs. a 2.6ghz venice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom