CDFS help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
da_houghsta said:
the linux program seems to be able to read it file, just cant save it to the hard drive (as i assume its trying to save it to ram or something instead as this is a live boot version - not a linux installation. also the dvd is already closed as i burnt all the data to it in recordnow in 1 hit using the data dvd tab rather than drag and drop

you still have to check that to make sure it isn't multisession as you still have the option

do you try a udf reader or a different dvd drive?

this is whats coming up in recordnow after upgrading the px engine and installing the udf reader (same as before):

however when i try to build a global image or extract as an iso, it gets to 6% or 212.53Mb and this comes up:

hi
sry to bring back up a (sort of) old thread, but i now have access to another dvd drive, which i have tried, and it still doesnt work. i have recordnow dx installed on this computer too, and i have tried to extract the track the same as before and it gets to 6% and comes up with that px engine error again. i rly rly rly do need that info off of the disc. can anyone help? it says that it is a dvd open multiborder (dvd F8), does that mean anything? does it mean it is not closed and that if i close it it might work (as EricB said)? Also any thoughts on the linux - saving to the hard drive using the live ubuntu boot disc?

thankyou soo much if you can help

i had a real good look at the disc just then too. its fairly new - only used about 6 times, all without any probs at all. but i tried it through recordnow dx copy wizard, and again it stopped at 6% and reconed there is a scratch or it is dirty. there are quite a few small scratches (as u do), but nothing that should stop it from working. could this be the prob though? is there a way to find what park of the data is scratched and retrieve everything else? or what can i do to fix it? (there is 1 scratch that i think may be the prob - although unlikley). when i copy a dvd, im not sure how it works, but when i burn something - it seems to start from the inside and work outwards to the edge. the scratch in question is on the outside. and it stops copying though at exactly 212.53Mb each time. would that be logical or would it be a scratch or something in the centre more??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom