Changing Cases... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i fixed the motherboard
i bent the i/o plate up a bit though.
and i hooked everything up
im really ****ed off because the case doesnt work with my cd drive.
because my cd drive's face is curved.
and theres a door on the front
and now it wolnt close.
!!!
AHH

But, now.I hooked everything up right. I think.
and I cant get it to start.
and now im really worried.

Well, all that is unfortunate. Sorry you had to go through those troubles.

Now, you say your PC won't start? When you power on, does anything turn on? Does it beep? Fans spin? Anything?

well.
this is my first time, obviously.
and the front of the case had all these tiny cables.
u know what i mean.
ive seen them before.
ive always been afraid of them
and i hooked everything up right i suppose.
but when i hit the button
nothing happens.
at all.

Those cables to the front of your case is more than likely the cables that control the HDD LED, Power LED, any USB / FireWire / audio ports. They are very tiny and go in little 1 to 2 pin connectors clustered together (usually a set of 10) on the motherboard. The motherboard's manual should tell you how to connect them.

Now, to solve your boot problem:

• - Make sure the PSU switch is to on and that the voltages are set correctly for your country. There's a little switch back there that does the 2nd part.
    - Check all your cable connections. Make sure everything is connected properly, the 20/24-pin ATX connector, the 4-pin connectors, etc.

Let me know when you're done with that and if anything powers on.

Okay, I just found some random motherboard picture, and circled what they should look like. It'll be one of those tiny sections that I circled in red:

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=motherboardplugs3vw.jpg

Since you don't have a manual, the order in which you plug them in may not be easy to figure out. I'll see if I can find information on that particular computer's motherboard for you. If not, I'll consult my motherboard's manual and tell you how it tells to do it and see if it works that way.

Edit: I cannot find enough information on your computer's motherboard to help you. I also don't know where my motherboard's manual is. If you have no manual, you may have to get some information from eMachines on how you need to plug in all of that.

Edit #2: Opera sucks. It isn't editing my posts when I edit them. I have to delete the thread and repost everything....

YAY!
I talked to eMachines for the 3rd time and someone finally gave me an answer.
Thanks a lot man for trying.
It's really nice of you to help me like that.

Heh, no problem. There wasn't anything else I could do though. You had to get some specific motherboard information. Glad to help though, hang around and don't be shy :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom