Need a new comp, $5000 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoff5093

Solid State Member
I want a new PC since mine is getting pretty old, right now i have a Athlon 64 4000+, 1GB XMS DDR400, ATI x1600XT, 160GB SATA II.

I am going to use this PC for my school work, internet, and playing Age of Empires II mainly. My Budget is $5,000. I was thinking of getting something like this:

FX-60
4GB G.Skill DDR500
2x 7900GT's
AN8-SLI Mobo
X-Fi Fatal1ty
DVD Burner

Any suggestions?

geoff5093 said:
I want a new PC since mine is getting pretty old, right now i have a Athlon 64 4000+, 1GB XMS DDR400, ATI x1600XT, 160GB SATA II.

I am going to use this PC for my school work, internet, and playing Age of Empires II mainly. My Budget is $5,000. I was thinking of getting something like this:

FX-60
4GB G.Skill DDR500
2x 7900GT's
AN8-SLI Mobo
X-Fi Fatal1ty
DVD Burner

Any suggestions?

I'm sorry, but you sir, are an idiot.

That computer can do all of that exceedingly well.

You can build (or heck, even buy) a computer to do what you want to do for less than $1000. Then you can take the other $4000 and put it in the bank until you are all grown up.

Actually, no....you're right. You need 4GB of RAM to surf the net these days....... *rolleyes* Surf the net, or run an eCommerce business.

wth? 5000 dollars? that must be like the highest budget in the world lol... But if this is real, which it probably isnt, get 3 GB of ram instead of four, and SLI 7900GTX, with like a 1000 watt PC power and cooling PSU, one of those PPU cards when they come out (or now if they are out), that X fi, a 30 Inch Dell LCD screen, Logitech z5500, and whole bunch of other junk. wow that felt good, letting out my dream system come out.
*edit* looking back, that looks like the most retarded budget I have ever seen.

hahaha... i agree... "hmmm... 5000 dollars and maybe i want to surf the web... gotta get the 4000+ upgraded!!"

lol

just keep what u have... that should do all of what you want

I hope you mean Age of Empires III, because the computer you have will play II just fine.

I see no reason to upgrade your CPU, the only thing I would change would be the RAM and videocard. I would get 2 GB of DDR 400, don't get 3 or 4 GB. I would recommend the X1900 XT, and since you have the money get a 30" Dell LCD with the insane resolutions. Buy yourself a X-Fi sound card, and you might want to upgrade your power supply depending on what you currently have. Also grab a PPU when they come out. Save the rest of money and when the G80/R600 is released, sell your X1900 XT and buy one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom