How hot is too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Just built my first system, temp says running at about 45-47C. is this OK or should I buy a chassis fan? All it has now is the fan for the power unit and a fan for the CPU.

Thank you!

You should definetly have a chassis fan. More is better as long as air circulation isn't interrupted by too many fans. 45-47ºC using normal applications or idling is pretty high. I'm assuming this is your system or CPU temperature.

Yes, this is the CPU and system temp. I see a bunch of cheap ones on Newegg...any certain ones recommended?

Thank you!

I've heard people mention Panaflo(sp?) as being a good brand, but I'll have to leave that to others. My case came with 3 120mm and 1 80mm and they keep my system cool, so I never had to delve into the aftermarket fan area.

just get some regular UV light fans, 1 for intake and one for exhaust, if the only fans u have are the Heatsink fan and the PSU fan, that should drop the temps DRASTICALLY! because 1 you will have cool air intake, and hot air exhaust. 2 would be enough to drop it to the 30s or so.

What are the system specs? For sure an intake and an exhaust fan would help. How are you getting the temps? If you are not using monitoring software that came with your system them you can Try MBM5

my guess is that you also have a stock heatsink + fan?? if so, get yourself a good Zalman HSF... tell me your cpu socket and ill find one.. include your budget btw... they can be like 30-60 bucks...

Hello all, thank you for the great comments. I decided to buy some 80mm fans. Should be here soon. My ASUS mobo came with some good monitoring software, I like it.

My specs:

CPU: Intel Celeron D 335 Prescott 533MHz FSB Socket 478

Mobo: ASUS P4P800SE ATX Intel

HD: Western Digital Caviar RE WD2500YD 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150

RAM: CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM

Video card: SAPPHIRE 1024-TC13-05-SAL Radeon 9250 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom