CD Key recovery from.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mission

In Runtime
Hi, i need to reformat my computer...however i cant start up windows...it bluescreens no matter what...before i can even log in...so..im running KNoppix linux on DVD, and i was wondering if there is a way for me to retrieve my windows cd keys and such so i can reinstall...i tried using windows cdkey recovering things such as the magic jelly bean cd key finder or w/e...but it doesnt work...can anyone help me out? thanks.

what I would do it use winiso to make an image on knoppix and then add rockxp to the image simply by adding it then makeit bootable and then oncein knoppix, transfer rockxp to the hdd to see if it can read the key

hmm..well..im not exaclt sure what your saying or how to do it...but right now im gonna check out using Wine on knoppix..and yea...i guess theres no way to physically CHECK the harddrive for a windows cdkey file? lol..i guess that would promote piracy...but who knows..

i got rockxp to run on knoppix, howver where it says This is your windows xp product key: <nothing here>

actually...maybe if i click that button that backs up the WPA file..and then move it somewhere on my second hard drive? and then do something with it later? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom