My final build: Purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's a bit impractical (edit: I know, I appreciate the irony, considering my 'monitor'), I mean, I was looking at a few things like that, and it just doesn't seem necessary, I think I'll be happy enough with a 10k or 15k raptor for a Master HD

why spend ur "trust fund" now..? its just going to get out of date (and a car will too)

even though it is a nice system, it will depreciate severely in value much like any other piece of technology

again, I get what you're saying, though it doesn't matter much to me, you could say that at any point in time that it will get outdated, though I did prepare for it, as you can see I deliberately downgraded a few parts, for minimal performance decreases (IMO[Opteron 165, 7900GT]) in preparation for future upgrades, the 'Final' in the thread title didn't mean this was my permanent setup, I will be keeping it up to date at every significant performance increase.
john3 said:
that motherboard is kinda buggy, you shoulda stuck with the SLi-DR, Expert is known to be screwy.
EDIT: ah, forgot to address that in my reply, well, I mainly got the expert for the extra pci slot, I really have no idea how many PCI components I'll have in there, I've read up on experts and it seems it could go either way, I was originally planning on the Venus but those are non-existant online now, so that was the closest, I'll see how it goes.

Well you should have posted this after you got all your components and built it because...

worth.gif

You could have also went with 2 250gb seagate barracuda's in raid 0 for only 200 dollars :confused:

Not even a decent heatsink on the lsit?

well.... he's just saying he ordered them... and he said he'll get a digital camera when its in.. so be patient!

anywho... excellent build, that would be the build of my dreams for this moment in time.... i know your gonna enjoy the **** outta that when its in

1 PCi slot wouldnt matter considering in just a few months ur getting the conroe with a new motherboard.......not the greatest build.....but i guess u can always change the parts.

perhaps so, again, I'll see how it goes when I get the components. Right now I'm just waiting for Newegg to get back to work, since they don't process on weekends, guess I have poor timing.

Just another thing beefcake, I mean, yes, 1024x768 is the native resolution, but I can only guess that it would go higher than that, why would they suggest 1366x768, I know this isn't tooled to be a computer monitor, but I hardly use anything above 1024x768, worse come to worse, I'll just use it as my television and get this, which seems to have stellar reviews (or your suggestion)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824006084

I'll try to get those pictures to you guys as soon as it's all said and done, I really have no idea how long it's going to take me to set it up, considering my probably poor choice in motherboards, some other problems that are bound to come up, etc. etc., plus the fact that I'm an utter newbie probably won't help, but hey, I'll try.

Beefcake said:
I would not get that 40" LCD TV. It's highest resolution is 1024 x 768. I would go with Dell's newest 30" LCD monitor. It can support up to 2560 x 1600!

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/monitor_3007wfp?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

It will definatly be better then a LCD TV capped at 10x7 resolution. And it costs $2,199 dollars vs. the $2,780 the LCD TV costs. I don't like Dell computers, but they make awsome displays.

Yes, yes, yes!!!

Buy an LCD monitor not a tv, for a computer. Do your research, usually Dell, Viewsonic and Samsung make the best LCDs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom