Strange Download Screens Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanM

Daemon Poster
Strange Download Screens Randomly - Updated (Last Post)

Ok... it seems I have come across a rather strange problem over the past couple of days. It seems that randomly, whenever I click a link, it will sometimes prompt me to download it instead of opening the page. And no matter how many times I try, it'll keep doing that. However sometimes if I go somewhere else and come back it'll work. This has happened on these forums clicking threads (I have a screenshot example of this), newegg searching, and various other places.

I have no idea what could happen, only a speculative clue. I recently installed Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 and that could possibly be the problem. Any ideas anyone? Here's a screenshot of what it's showing me in Firefox:

downloadproblem3tc.jpg

Edit: Photobucket kept resizing my **** image, had to upload at imageshack.

that happen to me in march at yappi.com. I was having to manually go the the site until the problem vanished. I couldn't click the email link

Well, this started happening after I installed Dreamweaver, which could definetly have some connection to this happening. And it's not just happening here, it's happened at several different sites. It seems to do it whenever it feels like it, but once it starts I usually have to restart Firefox to get by it.

No. But this doesn't happen all the time. It hasn't happened in the past 45 minutes. But it does eventually happen everytime. I might try using Opera for a bit today to see it if ever happens through it; I hate IE.

Ok, this takes a long time to troubleshoot, so this is what I'm doing.

I was going to use Opera, but I changed a setting in Dreamweaver I thought might help, and went back to Firefox. Went over an hour without any of those strange download screens, then all of a sudden it started back again. So I closed Firefox and I'm in Opera now. I'm going to continue to use Opera for the rest of the day or until/if I get a download prompt. If I never do, I'll know it's only Firefox and reinstall Dreamweaver and test Firefox again.

Not lately. The extensions I have are:

• - Fasterfox
    - Download Manager Tweak
    - Ad Block
    - DownThemAll!
    - SmoothWheel

Okay. It's not happening with Opera, so I'm going to uninstall Dreamweaver and go back to Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom