DVD burner not installing in Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

spywremagnet

Beta member
Hello, I have a Sony DW-G120A DVD burner and a Dell Dimension 4300. There are green rails inside the computer, that you are supposed to attach to the burner. But I don't see how. :( There are supposed to be screws included in the burner according to the DD 4300 manual, but I didn't get them.

What sort of screws/attachment should I use, and where to get them?

That is supposed to be a tool less case, but If there are rails on your other cd drive then just take them off that and put them on the burner. You don't need two drives anyway.

if you do need 2 drives ( i use 2 drives can come in handy at some times but pointless at other times.. Take those screws to your local hardware dealer and get some like that i am sure they well have them.

Okay, thanks, I'll try. I like having two in the computer because... well... it's cool, and I want to be able to use files from the CD while playing a DVD.

(That was a lame excuse.)

i mostly jsut use it for when installing games that have more then 1 install disk that way when it starts installing i can jsut walk away until i have to instert disk 3 or what not.. Makes it easier can cover 2 things at once:)

spywremagnet said:
There are supposed to be screws included in the burner according to the DD 4300 manual, but I didn't get them.

Call them up and demand your screws, nicely of course!

-M4A1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom