Cant backup a DVD (Legend of Zoro) using any program!! (Decrypter, Shrink, XCopy...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I am trying to backup a new DVD I bought (The Legend of Zoro) as I do with all my DVDs (so to preserve the original disc and use the copied one;incase it got damaged or scratched...I still have the original!)

Anyways...usually, I copy them using DVD Shrink...but sometimes, the DVD is too big that Shrink cant shrink enough so the I use DVDX Copy Platinum (the one by 321 studios...)
This DVD was about 7.8GB and Shrink couldnt shrink it...
I tried using DVDX Copy but it gave an error on 73% and could not continue...

I tried using LG's 1Click DVD Copy, it said it was copy protected and cant copy (although I had DVD Region+CSS Free running) so I installed DVD43 and it worked....(not for long though!! :<
It finished till 100% and when I checked the destination folder on my HD, it appeared that it only copied scences 25, 26 and 27!! The movie starts from scence 27 directly...and when you go to the Scene Index menu and click on scene 1 or 5 or whatever, the computer just freezes!

I tried to decrypt it using DVD Decrypter but ut also gave errors...(please check attached log) (it copied the entire 7.8gb but I only could play scenes 25, 26, and 27)

As a last resort, I tried 321 Studio's DVDX Rescue...I copied the contents of the DVD to my HD....The whole files where copied....I even checked the file size of the VIDEO_TS folder on the HD and on the DVD itself and they where identical (identical to the byte!!) so I thought that finally, it worked....
But again, I was wrong!
I opened it using PowerDVD and the same thing happened...only scenes 25, 26, and 27 played...!!!

(I also tried to use DVD Shrink's Re-authoring...I copeid the contents where it said Main Movie...and I previewed it...it only started playing from the same place (of scene 25) although it said (near Main Movie) Time: 2hrs and something...??!!!)

Does any one have a clue to what might be going wrong??????

Looking at the DVD, I couldnt see any scratches...

And where did the entire 7.8 GB go (when I copied them using DVD Rescue to my HD) if I could only play back scenes 25, 26, 27...??

Any help is much appreciated...

Thanks in advance
Rawan Abu Salman

Attachments

• dvddecrypter_log.txt
    36 KB · Views: 36
Try using AnyDVD and CloneDVD together. AnyDVD will unlock the encryption and CloneDVD is used to back it up. AnyDVD will have to be running in the background before using CloneDVD.

You can download and use them for 30 days and then you will have to pay for the products. I've never had a problem with any DVD with these two products.

that cd has sonys across protection. I copied it with Nero 7 and DVD Shrink and DVD Region + CSS Free 5.9.6.5

and I've also copied it with DVD Decrypter but make sure its their newest release

Before you do all of this, turn off your autoplay. Leaving this on will cause the encryption to start automatically also. So turn it off and let the programs do their job

thanks for your reply...
I am downloading the latest version of DVD Region Free....

but I think I have the latest version of Decrypter (3.5.40)
When I start decrypter, it says:

I 19:41:55 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.4.0 started!
I 19:41:55 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 19:42:06 Initialising SPTI...
I 19:42:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 19:42:06 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD±RW!
W 19:42:15 Possible Structure Protection Found!
W 19:42:15 2 areas have been marked as 'suspect'.
W 19:42:15 Dummy sectors will be inserted where necessary.

Another question, what do you mean by Turning off Autoplay?

Thankx again...

thanx for your replies....
the problem was that my Region+CSS Free was kind of an old version...I downloaded and installed a newer version and it worked like a charm! (using DVD Shrink)

Thanx again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom