3800 dual core??

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys i have a quick question........is there any higher lvl than Monster Techie, cause i wanted to get the highest then change the text in that area.

Na I dont think there is anything higher, but dont take it from me cause I am not higher than a monster techie. BTW isnt the Conroe going to be kick ***?

john3 said:
guys i have a quick question........is there any higher lvl than Monster Techie, cause i wanted to get the highest then change the text in that area.

Lmao.

slick_tech15 said:
Na I dont think there is anything higher, but dont take it from me cause I am not higher than a monster techie. BTW isnt the Conroe going to be kick ***?

That's what everyone is saying. Is there any benchmarks or anything out about it that is that interesting?

yeah there are, the Conroe i think was OC'd to 2.8 or 2.6GHz ( started at 2.2 or 2.4) and the FX-60 OC'd to 2.7 or 2.8 i forget. They OC a new generation CPU more than they do the older generation CPU and they expect the FX-60 to win, in fact the FX only lost by about 11% on average......so thats pretty good......imagine what it could do if it was OCd more than 100-200MHz.

Unless the there is a dual-core patch or dual-core support for the game you want to play no.

For example ...

Athlon 64 3200+ - $150
512k L2 cache
2.0ghz

Athlon 64 x2 3800+ - $300
512k(x2) L2 cache
2.0ghz

The Athlon 64 x2 3800+ would perform exactly the same as the Athlon 64 3200+ because since only one core of the dual-core 3800+ can be utilized, it's just as powerful as the single core 3200+. Remember, even the 2x512k that is doubled on the dual-core model can only be used as 512k because each core strictly has 512k of L2 cache.

However, more and more games are beginning to take advantage of dual-core, so it's a good idea to do dual-core if possible.

Remember, this only applies to non dual-core supported games, dual-core supporting or patched games will crush single-core processors.

If you like to run other applications and multi-task during gaming though, the dual-cores will run significantly faster than the single core, because one of the cores can be devoted to gaming while the other can be used for any other applications you are running at the same time.

THats the exact reason why i said that my 3800+ owns at Oblivion and FEAR. THey are multithreaded and you dont REALLY need anything over 3200+ anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom