I am at 2.2GHz so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
john3 said:
someone plz answer one question of mine, to what do most people set their memory divider to? 5:4? or 4:5 or something else?

Whatever works for them I guess. Or whatever gives the best preformance and what they can squeez out of there ram.

What do you use to cool yours and what is your voltage at? How do I know when to up the voltage? I have an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro.

up the voltage if you can't get it to pass prime, you only ever increment by the smallest possible amount and then prime again. don't increase vcore straight away as if you run prime a few times it may become stable. i think right now i'm running 2.6ghz@1.475v but i'm trying to burn it in to at 1.45v. 2.85ghz took me a hefty 1.6 or 1.63v :amazed: which isn't a good idea to run on air cooling for very long. i'm running a Big Typhoon.

How long do you run Prime for when you run it? I go up in increments or half of a point of a gigahertz...like from 200 to 205 to 210 to 215 and so on MHz.

well i like overclocking over a long period of time. so i normally wouldn't overclock more than 100-200mhz in a day because i like to do serious stability testing. at each 5mhz FSB increment i test for at least 15 minutes in prime. generally every 100-200mhz clock frequency increase i'll try a 8-24 hour stability test.....you don't really have to be this thorough this is just me.

How do I know when i need to increase CPU Voltage? Is the CPU Voltage different from VCore? Someone explain?

vcore is kind of the technical way of identifying cpu voltage, yes they are the same thing. the reason the term vcore is used is so that it can be identified amongst other voltages e.g. vdimm (memory) vtt(1/2 memory). you only increase vcore if your pc can not run prime95 for say 8 hours+ without freezing, crashing, or failing. i mean a 15-20 minute run is enough to assume you can overclock a bit further but after a while you should run it for a long time, like i said 8 hours+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom