Motherboard + CPU help

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u cant go higher $300 then definitely the Abit mobo combo.

I suggest getting a MSi K8N neo4 and probably a 3700+ or if u can afford it a X2 3800+

john3 said:
if u cant go higher $300 then definitely the Abit mobo combo.

I suggest getting a MSi K8N neo4 and probably a 3700+ or if u can afford it a X2 3800+

I highly agree with this suggestion. But take a look at the Opterons too :).

yea it would work but its an agp mobo. wat gfx card u got? if u havent got one yet go for a mobo with a pci-e slot.

Even though I am a huge gigabyte fan I would have to say nay to that board because of the uli chipset,, That chipset had issues with bridged nvidia cards (that must **** nvidia off because they purchased uli) I was in the same boat as you. Iwanted a 939 amd and 8xagp.

I went with the asrock dual sata2 that has 8xagp and pci express 16x , then I found out about the issues with nvidia cards. I returned the board and wanted the k8ns ultra 939 (only nforce gigabyte with 8xagp and 1000fsb)(2000htt) but couldn't get one so I got This Asus A8V and I love it. Here's a screenshot of my system with the uli chipset and then the A8V (The board thought my 6800gs was a pci (NOT PCIX) card not 8xagp. Can you see a difference?? lol

futuremark050ug.jpg

I know having both pcix 16 and 8xagp on one board is a tall order but once bitten twice shy.

Edit -- This is the Gigabyte to get if you can find it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom