locking clip broke off 24-pin connector on psu. what to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenium

In Runtime
So I just got my OCZ modstream 520watt psu today, and there was a warning sticker zip-tyed to the 20/24 pin mobo connector. I took a knife and cut it off but accidentally also cut off the clip that locks onto the mobos socket. It sticks in the socket pretty well without it, but what should I do now? Is it safe to leave it, should I reaturn it for a new one, or try to epoxy it back on? My guess is its not sae without it, but I just want some clarification.

also, a bit offtopic but o well. got my dgi lanparty mobo as well, and there is a molex connector on the mobo. Ive never seen this on a mobo before, and is it necessary? like do I need to plug a molex cable into it? just curious, dont want to fubard up my new mobo becuase I forgot to plug in a cable.

it will be fine as long as there isn't tension in the cable pulling it out of the socket. the molex connector (there is also a floppy connector you may not have noticed) is not necessary, it just provides extra voltage stability when using high drain expansion cards such as high powered graphics cards or for overclocking.

ok, im most likely going to run a 7600gt or 7900gt (if I have enough money) so would either need the extra voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom