Asus A8n32-sli Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dun think u need a heat gone or anything to remove the hsf. ont he back of the mobo the hsf should have clips that go into holes, wat u want is some pliers and squeeze them gently and push them out.
and when u want to put a new one in just do the same, apply a lil pressure on the clips and slide it in.

why would you damage something so beautiful?, it works fine for me, nothing i can think of having to change, but on the other hand i have no clue what a hfs is

Because some aftermarket HSFs require their own backplate to be placed on the motherboard. I had to remove the backplate on my MSI K8N Neo4-F to install my Zalman 7000, which was glued on, and let me tell you, it was a PITA! I had to use a hair dryer.

To above poster: HSF stands for heat sink/fan. It's the fan that goes on top of the CPU.

o i got you, yea you would need a clip or something to hold the HS in place if the stock one doesnt fit, so you would need to put a new holding mechanism on

Sorry for the confusion guys.

I guess i just want to know if i install a zalmon HSF will i have to take the backplate off of the back of the mobo and install a new one.

If i do have to take the old backplate off, does it come off easy?

Someone has to have put another HSF on this mobo.

thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom