Image Size Converting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
What are some of the software that is capable of converting big image files (a few MBs) to much smaller size (couple hundred Kbytes)? The original image files are in JPEG format

paint...that's what i use...but photoshop also has a good saving system where you can choose the quality as well...just takes longer

Or just use winzip or use the compressing agent. But with the compressing agent the opening of those images takes longer. You also could save it as .gif images but that isn't something which you would like to do I guess.

what you are asking is called file compression not reducing image size. download a trial version of winACE. for settings use:

use winACE 2.0 compression
maximum compression level
add recovery record
check CRC after compressing

when you create your archive select "sfx module" and choose the english version of self-extractor

i have some jpgs that all i have to do is open them in paint and save as.. and it will reduce the size dramatically for some reason even tho the starting and ending format is jpg

because MSpaint compression engine sucks. compare it to your original source, there is a huge amount of quality loss.

If you just want to resize the pic (make it literally smaller when you view it), then just use Microsoft Photo Editor (I think it comes with Office).

But for optimizing graphics for the web (keeping their viewing size the same, but smaller file size and still keeping decent quality), I use Adobe PhotoShop 6.

Hedda Lora

I use ACDSee v6.0 for my image resizing. Plus its great for cataloging and veiwing all images on the harddrive. you can get it at download.com for the free trial version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom