I am at 2.2GHz so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
molsen said:
just download and run prime95, goto options>torture test>in-place large TFT's

the longer you run it, the better. but people tend to agree that 8 hours is usually good.

So like it is saying all these sentences, what am I looking for?

my.php

ur not really looking for anything, run the test for 8 hours, if it goes for 8 hours without crashing try for a full 24, if it doesnt crash within the 24 hours, ur computer is completely stable. but then there are other test like memtest.

um....besides the stress test do i need to do any other tests?

I hear I need to run two prime95s one for each core, but i dont see an option to assign it to a certain core

run prime95, then go to run in start menu. click browse and find the prime95 exe. open it so that the path to it is displayed in the run obox. then type a space after the path followed by "-A1" without the quote marks. in options there should be "affinity" or something like that. set one to core 0 and the other to core 1 and then proceed as before

I just had it in the rar files and extracted it ocne to a folder and then extracted it again to another folder. i went to advanced on each and set it to the proper core and let em run. I am at 2.3GHz right now.

because despite the fact its stable at 2.85 unless its under high load i still have high standards. rock solid or nothing for me. and i don't like the heat dump i get above 2.6ghz anyway, it sure can't be good for my processor. when i get watercooling i may run 2.8ish ghz 24/7 and push for a higher overclock but for now im more than happy with 2.6ghz.

i c.
thats a great job on the 3800+, i rarely see people who can get it that high on air cooling ( or maybe im blind)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom