finally oc'd my cpu today.... i need help with somethin quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
ok so i got my cpu to run stabily at 2.79 ghz today up from 2.4
Im running an AMD 64 4000+ San deigo
I have the FSB set to 233mhz and a 2:1 CPU:RAM ratio set.
I also upped the voltage from 1.4 to 1.425 to be able to have the FSB set to 233 mhz

my question--
if i set the FSB to 234 mhz i get blue screens about ten seconds after logging into windows. is this because of the RAM? i have value ram so is there anything i can do to push this thing a little further without buying new ram?

Unless you have ocing ram. PUt a high memory divider one for now until you find you're max oc.

Why not 2.8? You stopped at 2.79 lol. Also, you have a nice system so why would you put valueram in it?

try changing the memory divider, or try ocing the ram by upping the voltage.

what is the vcore?

voltage for the cpu?

lol i know what teh vcore was.. and your right nitestick, it wasnt stable... so what i did is down it to 230 and upped the voltage to 1.450 from 1.425. i put value ram in it because it performs the same as expensive ram does.. the only difference between expensive and cheap is overclockablility.. and i wasnt planning on overclocking.. but hey, :) i guess that changed eh?

so if i follow pzerofgh... what should i set the voltage to? anotehr step up? (1.475) and up the ram voltage a little bit? its at 2.7 something now..

i have had it at 2.8.. but it wasnt stable so now it is 2.7

update!!
Upped the voltage to my cpu to 1.50v and upped ram to 2.7
(stock was 2.6) and i lowered the multiplier to 11 and upped the fsb to 257... im running at 2.827 stable now... anyother things i can do?

static there is a grand total of 26 minutes between your last 2 posts. you can't possibly say that is stable yet!!! don't ask us about the vcore settings, you can ask us how they stack up against what vcore is average or if its a safe vcore but we can't really tell you much else because its variable. you just change it in response to stability issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom