Computer not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started what you said and the mobo led lights up. I will tell you how I get on a bit later. Cheers.

Hi!

With your help, I found that the mobo screws were screwed in too tight. This made contact with the metal inside case, making it unable to turn on. Or at least that's what I think was wrong with it - it was something to do with the screws. It is powering on, and I will inform you of any new problems I may have. Thanks for your help, and you've saved me a lot of money taking it somewhere to fix it.

Cheers!

Dave

That's scarry stuff to me!!! Did you use standoff's???????? of course you did,,, Right? I highly doubt it had anything to do with the screws. (but stranger things have happened, like it might be putting stress on a week trace or something like that) I bet you didn't have the psu atx connector all the way in, or you didn't have the extra 4pin connector in all the way. for future reference to test to see if the psu is toast just jump the light green wire (pin14) to any black wire in the 24pin atx mobo connector, then turn the switch on the psu on.

Will dabs.com accept a return if it doesn't work. I am about to see if it works when I put some screws in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom