disabling open exe file security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkShdw88

In Runtime
'Windows found that this file is potentially harmful. To protect your computer, Windows has blocked access to this file.'

does anybody no how to disable windows from blocking a user from opening a .exe file? (downloaded through internet explorer if you suspect it has something to do with the browser) but i cannot seem to think of what part of windows is actually monitoring this except for DEP maybe but i have never seen it do this before so i have no idea? the unblock method from the properties of the file does not work in this case. Searching the net does not result in any solutions to this but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Maybe download it thru Firefox or Opera? Other than that i will have to think about this one. That is all i can think off right off hand.

I think it's DEP, it happens when you open most exe files, at least for me from another computer, it acts as if you're in IE trying to download a file right? tho you don't have the save option just open right? if so that's DEP, I think there's a setting in the boot.ini file at the end of each boot statement, though I don't know the correct syntax for the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom