NVIDIA GEforce 256 - questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
alias i think its the geforce 256... i googled it and it came up with website explaining about hte card which i don't fully understand.... but it looks like its old..

ohh lol...

didn' tthink there was a card named that... 1999! holy crap thats old. i thought he meant he had a geforce card with 256mb of memory... definitely need a new vid card...

that is what i was thinking until i googled it... i had to see and then that poped up and wow.. lol

BF2? I think I'll stick to mind sweeper, that game will cost me a fortune. lol.

Thanks again for clarifying this for me guys.

Hi again guys...

I have decided to purchase a bit of Ram and get a decent Graphics card.

I went shopping, saw an nvidia 6600 for less than $100. (I'm in Korea)

I wouldn't mind spending a bit more than that so what would be a good mid-range product to buy. Somewhere between the 6600 and the best.

Also, what would you say is the best graphics card for online gaming? (keeping BF2 in mind)

Thanks

Gary

Considering you are on a budget, I would look at getting a 7600GT or even a 7600GS. Both are quite reasonable for cost, and would have no problem handling BF2(the GT is better than the GS but more expensive).

As others had mentioned, go with at least 512MB of RAM.

I play BF2 Regularly and i'd recommmend 1gb of Ram to play it smoothly, you're also going to need to upgrade that proccessor too, it doesn't need to be anything flashy, an AMD 64 3800+ should do the trick.

As for a graphics card, as Elba said, a 7600GT will do the job well and is quite low in cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom