CSS Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinci

In Runtime
Ok, I've got a real big favour to ask.

Find me the cheapest Desktop computer that can play Counter-Strike: Source. Well, the recommend Sys, Requirements atleast.

Thanks,

sinci.

I probably have the cheapest PC that can play CS:S, barely. I can play it on 1152x854 at about 30fps, with everything off.

2.4GHz Celeron, 512 Value RAM, 240W PSU, ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb AGP.

Just built that, but I'd make the CPU a P4 or else you'll live will be living **** waiting for everything to boot and stuff.

Required

Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Processor: 1.2 GHz Processor
RAM: 256MB RAM
Video Card: DirectX 7 level graphics card
Processor: Internet Connection

Recommended

Operating System: Windows 2000/XP
Processor: 2.4 GHz Processor
RAM: 512MB RAM
Video Card: DirectX 9 level graphics card
Processor: Internet Connection

The ATi Xpress 200 or Nvidia 6100 will do you just fine for source.1024x768 is 30fps.And yes that is intergrated, but it will play alot of games.Use the Biostar m9-6100 its good better than xpress 200 and alot cheaper than a Video card.Just get around 512mb of ram or 1gb,which isnt really needed for what youre doing but 512mb will do.Also if you get 1gb get 2x512mb sticks so u can do dual channel which you do by putting the two sticks in 1,3 or 2,4 DIMM slots.Oh yeah that is if you get a 939 Cpu.Get the 3200 it the best for the price.
Also just get a $40 case that comes with a PSU.

give us a good ausy website and we'll pick the parts from there...

because if we pick out parts for 1150 from newegg, it'll come out to more than 1500 AUD because you guys have very bad pricing..

site is a bit hard to navigate.. since a lot of is in pdf.. but here it goes..

mobo: page 5 msi k8neo-f $115
HD: page 7 seagate 200gb SATA 8MB $149

lol sorry friend called me so i gotta go.. maybe someone else can finish or make a different build altogether.. lol.. bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom