intel pentium

Status
Not open for further replies.

LezardValeth

Beta member
is an Intel Pentium M 730 1.6GHz 2MB L2 Cache 533MHz FSB processor good for gaming ?

I was thinking of buying an alienware laptop (yes I know its expensive blah blah blah but hey its what I want) and I was wondering if that type of processor is good enough or should I get a better one

If you can afford it, go for a bigger CPU.

The Pentium M's are good processors with a huge cache. They actually perform better than the 'faster' desktop models.

Be sure to get a decent graphics card built in when you order, or you're just throwing your gaming dollars away.

well I have a choice between Intel Pentium M 730 1.6GHz 1 gig of RAM and a 256MB NVidia GeForce Go 6800

or Intel Pentium M 750 1.86GHz 2MB L2 Cache 533MHz FSB 1 gig of RAM and 256MB NVidia GeForce Go MXM 6600

not so sure whats a better choice =\

sacrifice CPU for a video card or sacrifice a video card for CPU

so you guys are saying I should get the Intel Pentium M 730 1.6GHz 1 gig of RAM and a 256MB NVidia GeForce Go 6800

unless you have no other choice, GO WITH AMD! everyone here will defiinitely agree with me.

amd's don't make the best mobile processors and thats a fact. only in desktops do they make better cpu's.

Running said:
amd's don't make the best mobile processors and thats a fact. only in desktops do they make better cpu's.

And soon they'll loose that with conreo coming out in what is it now? , a month or 2?

who plays games on mobile? we talking a desktop here.

and i wouldnt get my hopes up with the conroe, from the benchmarks i've seen compared to a FX-60 Oc'd to like 2.7-.8GHz, the FX only lost on average by 11%, mind u th Conroe on the other hand was oc'd 500-600MHz AND its supposed to be a newer generation CPU, im satisifed with AMDs performance, also considering that it uses DDR, whereas the conroe used ddr2, so, im sure It wont be hard for AMD to kick the conroes ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom