Paging File

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave it on just to have the extra headroom

if you was 200lbs and was about to fall off a cliff, would you want the people to pull you up with a rope that could handle 200lb or one that could handle 400lb?

I have 1GB RAM, and have paging file disabled completely. it runs better than having paging file on.
occasionally, the system will complain about "virtual memory too low" but it is pretty rare. it's only when I have a really big program open, like if I'm playing Generals with the map full of hard enemies or something....

though I do keep my system running pretty lean. I disable lots of things, like System restore, themes, and many useless windows services

apokalipse said:
I have 1GB RAM, and have paging file disabled completely. it runs better than having paging file on.
occasionally, the system will complain about "virtual memory too low" but it is pretty rare. it's only when I have a really big program open, like if I'm playing Generals with the map full of hard enemies or something....

though I do keep my system running pretty lean. I disable lots of things, like System restore, themes, and many useless windows services

adobe premeire and other video editing programs would never survive like that. XP mismanges ram anyway. that's why you notice that speed increase. xp 64 handles it a lot better. if they could only give it better driver support

If you play alot of games keep it on because during game play or also large softwares (3ds max,photo shop) you may need more than you can think of ram

and remember:
we better keep windows cofigured as uncle Bill gates did ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom