What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cell567

In Runtime
What do you think of this computer? It will be used as a gaming system and an all around desktop. Although, I will not be making any movies or writing any dvds :confused: I need some suggestions PLEASE, if any1 can hit the reconfigure button to see on a way,to save me like 30-50 bucks, if not all is still good and I just need suggestions, like pros and cons. Thanks for all the input I can get and mods I aint spamming :D...I deleted my other topic.

try a 2500+ processor. $40 cheaper

Also the a7n8x-x doess not support dual channel RAM- you could go with 512 MB

It really doesn't matter. I have an A7N8X-X and it will not run in dual channel.

I'm glad top see ya going with the NF7-S

You could still go with the 2500+ ($60 cheaper canadian)

Whats the exchange rate these days US to Canadian? I just want to get an idea of the prices in US dollars.

One Canadian Dollar = 75 CENTS American. Pretty sad eh:( Also... Herculues wut do u think of this board...hear GREAT things about it for its price range http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=11304 Also I am thinking of dropping from 1 gig of ram to 512mb. Like I wont be running paintshop,and like 20 internet explorers and 3 games in the same time :) :)

Personally, i have not had any experiance with this board but it looks like it has been getting some great reviews. It seems to get a lot of positive and the usual crybabies who can't get it to work. I would say it would be a good choice. It's not going to do much for your cost saving efforts though.:)

As for the drop in RAM, i think you will still be very satisfied. My friend who is an extreme gamer says that he will rarely use more than 512MB of RAM to run a game. I wanted to get some more RAM for my set-up and he said don't waste your money. he said to invest in a good video card, thats where i would see the difference. I'm going with the same card you have choosen: 9800 pro. :)

I will most likley go with 2 sticks of 256mb GOOD corsair ram. Or i might go with 1 gig of kignston hyper x ram. Also i will be goign with the 2800+ amd athlon xp processor. Damn i love amd. I aint saying they are better than pentium :eek: BUT...what do u think hercules...is it worth like 100 dollarz (canadian in my case) more to get 2.8ghz with ht tech or an amd athlon xp 2800+...u be the judge:p

I'm an AMD man. There's no way i would pay extra for a pentium processor. I just like the AMDs. Great prices, great quality, and if you're in the market, 64 bit processors!

Yeah...True about the...quality and cost in same time. BUT now i need to make a decision..on some comp specs lol...thx for input hercules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom