GPU core temp very hot while playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaWeapon

Baseband Member
When I play a game, Such as half life 2. My gpu core temp gets around 75-80c. I see this from the properties menu on my geforce6800.

This is very hot right? I have a dell deminsion 9100(now xps400).

All I got to say is on their site they say they have great cooling. What a complete load of garbage from dell right there.

Is there any way to make it less hot without adding stuff? Is leaving the side of the case open a good idea just during playing??

ditching the side panel wouldnt make that much of a differenfce... also,download another temp monitor and run it too because some of them screw up at times. the only thing i can think of is using some AS5 along with a new hsf for it... but thats adding stuff so its up to you

Ok, thanks for the help. I just wanted to make sure it was suppose to be that hot or if it was going to explode.

A good way to cool your videocard is by buying a VGA cooler, u can get them at your local pc shop. I suggest buying something from Zalman, they have very good quality.

unless you want to spend money there are plenty of ghetto solutions you could use to help cooling especially if you don't have a clear side panel. suspending a fan blowing air across the side of the card would help a lot. honestly the best solution though is to buy a good cooler if you are not satisfied with these temps. for that card they are alright

my Gainward 6800GS runs around 60-75 when playing hl2, so its perfectly normal.

Charlie -

Dell has terrible cooling. And those are pretty hot temperatures. I don't guess it's high enough to harm anything, but they scare me. My card is overclocked to the max and never goes over 63ºC playing any game in my air-cooled PC.

I put a fan in my room window last night to blow in air from outside. It knocked the temp down 8 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom