Need help with upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDtbawab6634n63

Baseband Member
OK, here my plan...

Things I have:
80 gig hdd, cd-rw, keyboard, mouse, moniter, speakers, headphones, case and soundcard.

My main parts (which I have):
Socket A motherboard supporting AMD XP athlon and AMD (32) Sempron, Semrpon 2200+ (1500mhz, but seems to be 900mhz by system checking programs) and a geforce FX 5200.

Things I would like to upgrade to (on a budget):
) ASRock K8VM890 VIA K8M890 CE Socket 754 DDR400 Motherboard with Video, PCI-Ex16, Serial-ATA, RAID & LAN (Micro ATX) - this is $99

) Nvidia Geforce 6600gt 256 mb - this is $211.99

) AMD Sempron (64bit) 3000+ overclocked with proffesional heatsink 450mhz, to make it a sempron 3600+ - this is $123

Altogether it's $434 AU.

I have a few issues I'd like you to attend to.

1) I have Windows XP sp2 academic editon, I want to switch it from my 10 gig extra drive to my main 80 gig drive., is this possible?

2) Does it matter whether I get a 6600gt 128, or should I get the 256?

3) Can I clear my 80 gig hdd completely, put windows on and install sound drivers, graphic drivers later?

Thanks, hope you can ansa some stuff for me.

1) yes u can, i think its called Nero Ghost, post a thread about it and ask how it works, im not sure.
2) 128MB, i dun think the 6600 is powerful enough to utilize all the 256MB
3)Yes u can.

Hey, I figured out how to get the xp working...im getting the 256mb version and I may not have to wipe my hdd...

Thanks so much 4 ur help!

Clock speed isnt fast enough for 256 Megs, get 128 or youll be wasting like an extra 60 bx..

I wouldnt get the ASRock mobo..... I have one and i have tons of problems. ASRock is known for havin problems with video card support and stuff and my mobo has tons of problems with my video card. Get a MSI or DFI or just a well known brand maybe ASUS or something..... I made a big mistake going with an ASRock mobo and i'm never gettin one again. I cant run certain games because i have to update my video card drive, well when i update it, it messes up my comp and it wont boot windows so i have to reformat.

OK, well first of all...lea0001, I think it is fast enough to run 256 megs, tell me how it isn't possible...

2nd I'm not getting ASrock I'm getting a K8N51GMF with pci-e and it's from gigabyte and its 1337...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom