will two 7900gtx's get bottle-necked with A8N-SLI Premium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effex

In Runtime
just wondering because i really want to have a sound card and my SLI and the A8N32 just doesnt have a good layout for both

right now my friend has 7900gtx SLI on a A8N32-SLI Deluxe while im going with 7600gt SLI on a A8N-SLI Premium so that i have room for a sound card. then ill upgrade within 3 months with EVGA's step-up program to GTXs

but i noticed that there is only room for two GTXs and a soundcard on a A8N-SLI Premium since the vidcards overlap too many pci slots on the A8N32-SLI Deluxe. i dont want the GTXs to be bottle-necked if it is possible for them to exceed a single 16x lane

i have heard that the A8N32 board's dual 16x lanes is just hype and that GPUs cant come anywhere near that amount just yet

i am also wondering how thick the G80s are going to be. if they are thinner than the 7900GTXs than i would be better off going with a A8N32 since it has 32x

i am getting an FX60

i hope they come out within 3 months for me to use the step-up program on them instead. then i could just go for the GTs

There are slim versions of the 7900GTX for quad sli.

You should buy a Opteron 170 and OC it instead. You should try to get 3Ghtz w/ water.

i would but im getting the FX60 at wholesale price through a friend ;o

i hadnt even heard of slim 7900gtx's. i was wondering how they managed that though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom