Help! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtnboarder495

Daemon Poster
Okay so I had XP up and running fine, I had just built a computer and installed the OS, and was on my way to installing the DFI NForce 4 Drivers. So that went fine, but then I went to restart and I got a message that said that the file, system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, is nonexistent or corrupt.

I don't know how to fix this, so if anyone knows how, telling me would be a big help.

Also, if I must re-install the OS from a clean slate (hopefully I can avoid this), how would I do this?

Thanks a ton to anyone who helps.

Okay, and how do I do this.

Physically reinstalling it is easy obviously, and I've already done this and no change.

I can't reinstall or uninstall the drivers because I can't even access Windows XP!

Is there a way to launch Windows XP under these circumstances?

Also, how do I "refresh" and delete everything on my hard disk?

On the motherboard, I moved the jumper so that the mode is now in safe mode, and even that doesn't work!

I tried starting with the jumper in the standard position, safe mode position and niether work.

Brtnboarder495 said:
On the motherboard, I moved the jumper so that the mode is now in safe mode, and even that doesn't work!

I tried starting with the jumper in the standard position, safe mode position and niether work.

What jumpers?

you hit f8 when you start windows to get to safe mode

EricB said:
What jumpers?

you hit f8 when you start windows to get to safe mode

How do I do this when the Windows screen doesn't even appear?

All that appears is the DFI Lanparty screen, then it goes to a PCI screen then the error ocurrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom