n00b d'oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperlitenerd

Solid State Member
Well reading through the important posts, it laughs at me for getting vaule select memory. Well live and learn. So i have 4 sticks of 512 ddr400. But will only run at 333, intead at 400. Also my fsb is running at 800, not 1000mhz for my amd athlong 64 3700+ So is there a way to make it run like it should, or shoudl I just return the memory and get something else?

you can always try overclocking your CPU. read the overclocking guides, and if your still having trouble understanding PM me, i learned it in the n00b language, hence i no how to explain the basics to n00bs.

This is a bios setting problem not a problem with the ram, what motherboard do you have?? (let me guess asrock dual sata2 by any chance??)

I have the asus a8n sli premium, yes with sata2.

I have tried turning the memory up to 400, but the system becomes unstable. What bios settins should I try? I have fairly good airflow in the case so I can stand mild OC. I used to be really into building systems and OC, but as funds run out an other things catch my eye, you know how it goes. But now im done with my hp computer, its find for daily use, but games, ugh, makes you want to cry.

I am running,
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
2 Leadtek Geforce 7600GT PX7600 GT
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 500W
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2000MHz HT
2 CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR
2 HITACHI Deskstar 7K80 80GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s in a RAID 0
xp pro sp2

thanks for the replies.

my motherboard does the same thing if you stick 4 sticks of ram in it. a lot of motherboards downclock to 333 when 4 sticks are installed.

does your cpu still run at 2.2ghz? or slower?

anyways.. if you can return your ram, go ahead. then go buy 2 X 1gb of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom