ANOTHER monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindApex

In Runtime
wow...i must have really bad luck...earlier this week you may remember me posting about my monitor that just shut off and won't turn on again...so i plug another one in, it works for three days, and when i try to turn it on in the morning, it doesn't work...

after fiddling with it, i found that if i hold the power button on the monitor down, the picture shows, but when I release it, power is cut to the monitor...what can i do? is it my computer that keeps destroying my monitors (i doubt it but i may be wrong)?

thx

im on a radeon 9800...the first monitor that broke earlier does not work on any computer

the new monitor only works on any computer when i hold the power button down

I've never heard of a computer killing a monitor. usually, your monitor just goes out without any help, and thats after it's had a lot of usage.

Back on the subject, It sounds like a power issue. are you plugged into a surge protector? Maybe you could try a different outlet.

Also the new monitor might be bad out of the box. (bad power switch). Take it back to the store and exchange it.

I agree with hercules_upw, it sounds like a power switch problem, given that you have to hold down the button. The switch isn't making the required circuit on its own, so it must be broken. Do what hercules said and just take it back.

Yeah it sounds like a bad switch, my friend had a monitor that did the exact same thing & he wound up buying a power base and plugging everything into it that way he just left the power switch on the monitor pushed in all the time & used the power base to turn everything on all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom