I need to compress 9gb into 700mb...Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
I need to be able to fit 9gb of information onto a 700mb CD-R.
I don't know what I need to do this or even HOW to do this. Please help if you can. This is for work and nobody else is here today to help me.

-Thanks

Its all Adobe PageMaker files, PDF's, and JPEGS.
My boss wants 2 copies of the yearbook we just finished, and she only gave me 2 700mb CD's! :(

If it can't be done, I'll have to leave her a note and then just deal with it on Monday, but I'd like to get it out of the way if possible... :confused:

umm...the eaisest way is to compress it multiple times with a high-rate data compression program...i recommend WinRAR

Bah, forget it. I'll just tell her it can't be done. I've already given the witch my two-weeks notice... I don't care if this gets done or not :laughing:

mac_mogul said:
Bah, forget it. I'll just tell her it can't be done. I've already given the witch my two-weeks notice... I don't care if this gets done or not :laughing:

it can't be done

no, that is alot of data right there.

i dont see how compressing multiple times would do anything at all...

i was once able to compress a 800MB video file to fit on a 128MB USB thumb drive by WinRARing it multiple times

It is not possible what you can do is use Winrar with best compression and splitethe archives to several CDs.

Why can't you get more CDs, DVDs or the new HD-DVDs?

Mac Mogul's boss gave him 2 CDs, and CDs are starting to cost alot...DVDs are cheaper now, but not everybody has DVD-ROM drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom