sound just.... stopped :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
ok well i leave my comp running over night to download about 10 songs and since im on dial up i do it when i sleep. WEll, i get up this morning and try to listen to the songs.. NONE OF THEM WORK.... no other song i have on this comp works.. i click the song, it opens up in winamp, it acts like its playing it, but no sound whatsoever... i plugged headphones into the speakers..didnt work... i plugged headphones in to the mobo directly... still didnt work... what happened overnight to kill my sound :(

Check for virus's and re install the sound drivers, as I assume you got it off a illegal source.

did you restart your computer??? also make sure that the volume in volume control isn't muted

yeah i restarted the comp and the drivers are the drivers that were on the mobo cd... i dont see how anything thats illegal be affecting my sound but ooooook...

If it was illegal music, there could have been a virus in one, as you would expect.

You have ruled out the headphones aren't dead?

I would re install the sound drivers though to eliminate a problem with that.

no i tried like ten different songs.. turn out sound somehow got muted in the control panel.. i only had five mintues to look at it before school though.

"groovular..."

Have you right clicked on the little speaker in the taskbar and selected "Open Volume control? Somtimes when you try turning it up and un-muting it just dont make a difference. :(

Also, if you right click on the little speaker and select "adjust audio Properties", there you will se sound and speaker settings. select the "Advanced" button on the speaker section, and make shure the setting is on the speakers you have. ;) :cool:

Attachments

• speakersys.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom