Sp2 - Sp1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin said:
Well I am forced to use SP2 now as my PC has been attacked like 2 days ago and my whole PC crashed

But the reasons why I didnt want to use it was because: It takes up more processors and it blocks like every damm program, yes it is better but, seeming as I have a dial-up it wont really matter.

But I suppose rather be safe than sorry

u can disable some startups from mscofig to make windows use less resources.
and sp2 doesn't block any program by itself, it just ask u if u want to block it or to unblock it. u should click on unblock.

BlueYetti13 said:
One reason to go back to SP1 is because SP2 can be extremely paranoid, especially when dealing with networks. For example, I had immense trouble with my wifi card and a bunch of network settings that were fixed after i uninstalled SP2. Then i reinstalled SP2 and the problems came back. So if you aren't entirely concerned about security (not entirely sure SP2 is actually more secure), then there would be nothing really wrong with going down to SP1.

However, Griffin, I am not aware of any way to get down to SP1 from a comp that came with SP2.

LOL i never had any problem with wifi on my laptop, maybe u don't know how to use sp2.

I was attacked by a virus and it litterally killed my Hardrives. the Virus went into my Regestry and corrupted a windows file. SO i cant load up my PC and when I formated my windows drive and re-install SP2 it still wont allow me, and it seems as if all my HD are effected.

Right now Im using another PC and mine is in for Repairs AGAIN!!!

and TheRecluse

as far as I know

There: refers to your PC is under THERE
Their: refers to that was their PC
They're: refers to They're coming now

Im I right or what?

ha ha, i've been waiting to use this for the longest time!
their, there and they're... try to learn the difference.

i had to say it.
as far as I know

There: refers to your PC is under THERE
Their: refers to that was their PC
They're: refers to They're coming now

Im I right or what?
bustedFORREALcopy.jpg

I use XP SP1 for "certain reasons". I have never had problems with it becuase I have safe internet habits. I dont' go to shady sites, don't use p2p, and I run spyware/adware/virus scans weekly. the only time i had to reformat is because my hard drives went kaputt after 8 years of service.

maroon1 said:
LOL i never had any problem with wifi on my laptop, maybe u don't know how to use sp2.

Meh, I would argue that point if i actually remembered the problem, but that was quite a while ago...the point is, I don't have SP1 problems and I did have SP2 problems...logical choice in this situation: SP1

However, if I actually get attacked through an SP1 hole, then i would reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom