Extremely Hot GFX Card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didnt you just stick with UPS guarteeded 3 day :p It is actually pretty nice, whenever they ship from the NJ warehouse, i get it next day :D

Yeah I just used rubbing alcohol and a coffe filter, coffe filters are best since you can just chuck em after.

Another suggestion, make sure your case is getting good airflow, put in a case fan or two if you think you dont have enough. Also it's a good udea to leave the PCI slot under the video card free so the card has more space to suck in air. Another good thing that I did is rig up a fan that blows air directly onto your video card. You can either buy one, which I did, or you can be leet and contruct one yourself out of a case fan, a case shin, and a coat hanger.

Also the AMD vs Intel argument is stupid, we dont need it discussed in every other thread. Both are good, and all processors woulndt be as fast if the competition didnt exist.

I just construct myself one, I had one of those CC switch that i broke so i used that as the support to the case, then i had one of those PCI slot covers that came with the case and you just pop out so you can install your video card or something, Taped the fan around that, and taped that around the switch and srewed into the case :D

Not everyone has the money to just go out and buy a AMD processor thats worth getting. plus pentium is capable of running the games if u have the right speed.

the 6800's run hot. although not that hot.

Mine runs at 82 degrees max on load, stock, so they are hot cards, but 102 was a bit excessive.

If you get AS5 where do you put it on your GFX card to get the heat down like that? I've never quite understood. I know that you put it between heatsinks and CPUs, (?), but where on a graphics card?

Charlie -

Chazzer3 said:
the 6800's run hot. although not that hot.

Mine runs at 82 degrees max on load, stock, so they are hot cards, but 102 was a bit excessive.

If you get AS5 where do you put it on your GFX card to get the heat down like that? I've never quite understood. I know that you put it between heatsinks and CPUs, (?), but where on a graphics card?

Charlie -

between the GPU and GPU heatsink. ;)

AMD is very cheap. Their price:performance ratio is much cheaper.meaning if u bought a x2 3800 for like 300 bucks u cudnt get an intel for that price or cheaper that had the same performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom