Can't Play Games + Some Dodgy Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinlord

Baseband Member
I installed a new graphics card (X850XT) and power supply recently (Antec TP2 430). They both worked at first but now it cannot play games. In Oblivion after clicking play, this appears:

"Failed to initialize renderer
NiXAdapterDesc::GetDeviceCaps() failed"

Also, when scrolling webpages etc., it takes about a second to refresh the page. There are some dodgy pixels (fragments I think) on the windows startup screens.

Before you ask, I have installed the latest graphics drivers from ati.com.

Do I have a dodgy Video Card? It worked at first so I don't know why it would suddenly stop. Does anyone know what the error means?

This is probably not a video card problem, something with the drivers is messed up.

Try to completely uninstall all video drivers, there might have been something left over from old ones, use driver cleaner if you want to try and get rid of it.

Then install the latest drivers from ATIs website. I'm thinking maybe you just put on your new cards drivers without uninstalling the old cards one.

Or perhaps when you changed the card it messed up the settings of opengl or direct 3d. If you try the above and it doesnt work, I'd reformat windows and try before sending back the card.

Before you think it is a dodgy card........

1. Make sure there is enough cirrculation in your case
2. Make sure nothing came loose, believe me, this is more common than you think
And 3. Try an earlier driver, the latest may not be the greatest

If none of the above worked, than you may have a dodgy card, but let's see what someone else may advise you to do

I reinstalled the drivers that came with it again and it seems to have worked. Thanks for all the help.

EDIT: They've come back. I have re-installed the latest driver again but problems persist (different problems, but still problems) anyone know of any problems with the 8.241 display driver (the newest one available)?

Also where can I get some older drivers to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom