All in 1 Printer (Whats the point)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ere_in_cornwall

In Runtime
Hello

Im thinking about getting an all in 1 printer/scanner/copier, it would be really handy, but the inks are so expensive to buy, can anyone show me whats the best all in 1 and where to get reasnoble priced ink from???

Thanks

Advent 7086
256MB RAM
Windows XP Home

all-in-ones in general suck. they integrate so many features that they have to make some shortcuts somewhere and it makes it suck. but for general purpose.. they're good.. i have a brother all-in-one.. it does everything well.. but when it receives faxes.. HOLY CRAP its slow. but i guess the one you're looking for doesn't include the fax feature..

as for ink.. you can just keep refilling your ink at places where they refill.. thats for inkjets anyways.. if you get laser then you also have to worrky about the chip.. because they make it so that a cartridge can only print a certain amount.. then it stops even if it has ink.. they try to rip us off! that way we HAVE to buy a new cartridge.. but you can buy a new chip for it as well.. anyways... good luck... hehe.

If that is what you want to do then sure, but me I go thru so little ink, it really doesn't do me any good to try and refill... I'm lazy. :) So I just order some new stuff...

aliasaid said:
all-in-ones in general suck. they integrate so many features that they have to make some shortcuts somewhere and it makes it suck.

How true...I work on computers and one thing I have found out over the years is that all-in-one machines are a waste unless you buy the best, most expensive machine. You can't try to save money buying a cheap one... something will die very soon-usually the fax or the scanner will be the first to go. The only reason I would recommend one is if you don't have the space for all the individual machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom