New drivers = sudden shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGM

Baseband Member
New drivers = sudden shutdown (for Catylist 4.6 and Omega newest)

Well, as I predicted I will only pop up here when my PC is having trouble, yet again..

I recently thought that by installing the newest drivers for my ATI Radeon 9600XT would fix some problems I've been experiencing over the past few months, but as the worst Doom'sday scenario became true, I only created another one with it.

I downloaded the newest ATI Catylist driver (4.6 if I'm correct) and also downloaded ATI's driver cleaner, I cleaned my drivers, rebooted, installed the new drivers, rebooted and tried to play a game (World of Warcraft and The Godfather), my PC jumps into a perfectly clean shutdown excecution like I just instructed windows to shutdown, and it'll completly shutdown and go inactive.

I tried this about 3 times with 2 different Apps, Wow and TGF (The Godfather), and every time the same symptoms were encountered, roughly after the same timespan.

So there I went, downloaded the newest Omega drivers and after cleaning the Catylist drivers properly with the tool, I installed it.

Same problems as noted above, and when trying the build-in "Detect Artifacts" render app, the same thing happens.

Which leaders me to the conclusion that rendering 3D stuff is causing the problem.

Note: I never had any of these problems before I upgraded my driver, so it's either bad timing of a friend GFXcard or a driver problem

Here you can find a complete DXdiag report.

If you need anything more lemme know, I'll respond ASAP, I wanna game G*D*A*M*E*

Thanks for the help,

EGM

For the ones who remember my old hardware problems with my souped Medion ATI card, I fried that one when it's cheapass fan got stuck and I didn't notice, so it landed in the trash binn

Update1: I'm now scanning my PC for spy/add and malware, but I don't think that's the problem.

Update:

I tried about everything I can think off, I removed spyware and such to try get rid of the problem, and even removed Starforce (how the H did it get on anyway) from my system. But still the problem stays in my PC..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom