Upgraded My Pc and now it wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevFromNy

Baseband Member
Hello, I need some help. I recently upgraded some parts on my Desktop and now my PC wont boot. I didnt change everything But I did upgrade my motherboard to a ASUS A8N32-SLI Delux,my CPU to a AMD Athlon 64 and installed 2gb of Corsair memory , up from 1 Gb. When I hit the power button all the fans come on and everything gets power and lights ups but it will not boot and nothing comes on the monitor. I checked the monitor and it works. Now sometimes when I press the power button I get 3 beeps in a row, but not everytime so Im not sure what that means. I read in the motherboard manual that it is recommended that you use atleast a 500watt power suply and I have a 450 watt , so I upgraded to a 600watt now the problem I have with that is my DVD rom and DVD burner is not getting power for some reason. Can anyone give me any suggestions or help because Im totaly lost. Thanks

Hey, have you tried booting the system on a barebone. This mean boot the computer with just the CPU,RAM and VID card. If anything is buildin like sound and NIC don't worry about it. Afterward if you can get a visual you can start adding a single device at a time by starting with the HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom