Problems formatting please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzou

Baseband Member
im having problems formatting, when i input my windows xp disc and go to format it tells me is older than the current version installed, my freind had the disk and has lost the new version.
Im not sure on how to do it the boot disk way, because everytime i do it, it seems the commands never work.
My question is are there any programmes or any ideas on how i can format my pc?

Thanks

Kyzou

Go into your bios, and change your boot order to cd first.
Then continue from there

You can not format your C drive while you are in windows which is itself installed on that drive.

The maxtor formatted my HD, but now when i go to enter commands it says invalid or unrecognised, i have the windows XP cd in but it just keeps asking for boot disk, but then when i put that it, it just goes straight to command or if i put the maxtor one in, straight to the maxtor commands ?

Any help on this, im not too confident on formatting like this

EricB said:
delete your hdd with powermax (it's in my signature), then install windows

use powermax (not maxtor) to delete your drive, but don't format it. when windows don't see a partitioned hdd it will boot from the xp cd

well i booted of that powerdisk i downloaded, and told it to do a low level format..then once if finished that was it..

It says theres not a partition there.. when i load my pc up, it asks for a system disk or boot disk..it can only read the boot disk not the cd..

well im stuck, is there a programme which can un-do the format? or am i totaly stuffed?

Do you have your system set to boot from CD? That option is in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom