3800 dual core??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff34

Baseband Member
Right now i have a 3500+ single core if i where to upgrade to a 3800+ dual core both in stock speeds would i notice a big enough difference in performance in games and everything for it to be worth it? or howbout the 4200+dual

thanks

games these days dont utilize both cores but will in the near future, i say jump on the upgrade :) if you have the money, get the 4200

I just built an HP last night with the 4400 X2 for multimedia purposes. The guy tried to sell me a Intel 940 for $80 more but from what I have heard the 4400 should run circles around the 940 with multimedia and gaming. Is that right?

For Oblivion and FEAR their are patches for the Dual Cores and i run circles around my friends 4000+ San Diego on these games and everyday tasks. The 4200+ isnt worth the extra dough. Just OC coupe hunder mhz and youll have a 4200+ from a 3800+.

dont get the 4200, it has little cache, eitheer the 3800 or the 4400 or the Opteron 165.

IMO, it isnt really worth the upgrade right now. Your CPU is still pretty good. I would just wait for the next line of proccessors to come out, which shouldn't be long from now.

Which the AM2 would be worth it? Buy an X2 3800+ and join the wagon :D WOOT Go dual core :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom