Building my own computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
except for the fact that he would have to wait >_<

Originally posted by magouster
if you wait in the world of PCs, you might just end up waiting forever!

how bout, just wait like 3-4 months, then order? in the meantime do al ot of research and learn about computers before u do something drastic, like that guy who bought 4 gb of ram for windows Xp in the thread below this one ( ATM)

whats the difference in 3-4 months? nothing. because by then, people will be telling him to wait again... because in another 3 or 4 months, guess what? the prices will drop... prices drop all the time, its something you cant escape.. i wouldnt wait but thats just me

ocz is a good brand but the ram you picked is value ram and is cheap.. you can get good ocz or gskill ram for cheap. corsair tends to be overpriced imo...

Wait until you acaully have the money and research the computer parts. By the time you acaully do get the money for the parts and all that junk there well be newer things. We are not telling you that you should wait forever like static thinks we are.

You probably are goign to pay more money in haveing static build the pc for you even if he don't charge you anyhting you still paying for shipping, you can read reviews and "how to" to guides and learn to do it yourself if you wanted another person to build it for you wouldn't you jsut want to go to monarchcomputers.com ?

"whats the difference in 3-4 months?" Think of what can come out in 3-4 months that well drop the prices. If he acually had the money or was acually going to buy this right know then he shouldn't wait but since he is buying it in 3-4 months don't buy it peice by peice wait until then and buy it all at once.

If you don't feel comfortable in building it yourself i would advise you to use monarchcomputers.com

Well I guess I will just wait and make a new thread again at the end of the summer..... I hate waiting it is annoying

Thanks for the help....

I'll just keep updating parts all of the parts that I can get for $1300 and see the best I can get..

also pick up a few magazines. PCGAMER has one out now that is all about building. i think its awesome. its got BIBLE 2006 on the cover

theres some great feviews and if you have any questions jsut ask and you well most likly get an answer if you don't understand something. but your makeing the right choice of waiting.

Static_11 said:
no no no no no no no no no

I have told someone this before, it might have even been you idk.
Buying a case is NOT PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!!!

When buying a case:

~Look for the case material. different materials disipate heat different than others.

~look for form factor (ATX, mATX ext.)

~Look for size. some people want full towers. Full towers are pretty big but have overall good airflow and room inside the comp where as mid towers have good enough size but a little decreased airflow.

~Make sure the case has enough fans and room for all your optical drives and hdd's.

~PSU's also have to fit in these so make so you have the right size psu as well

cases are not personal preference.

They are personal preference and you also want to keep a eye out for that other stuff. Most of them are ATX cases unless you need a BTX for some unknown reasons. Pick the tower you like and read reviews about the airflow and stuff. The differnt kinds of metal doesn't really matter all you ahve to mostly worry about is the airflow. If it has enought fans in it that makes you happy then go with it. Picking a case isn't hard as all unless your super picky :p

Its not like your going to jsut get a big hugh pink case with purple and red hearts all over it cause it is a full tower with good airflow. You going to pick the case that you like and that you won't mind looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom