Can't power on my system? (Please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExplosiveAFI

Beta member
I recently switched out my old motherboard and processor for a new one, and after I plugged everything back in and all, it will not power on.. When I hit the master switch in the back of the case, the PSU fan spins for a little bit, and I can get power to my monitor, but when I hit the button on my case to turn on the PC, nothing happens..

I'm thinking I may have plugged in the "Power Switch" cable incorrectly, but I don't know how to tell if I did..

I plugged it into the slot with 4 pins that was called "POWER", but the cable that I had to plug in only had two slots in it, so there are like 4 possible ways I can plug it in..

Same thing with the reset switch..

Thanks, Zack

Who is the Mobo manufacturer and the model of the mobo and what power supply/case are you using. If you are using a propreitary case for an hp, dell or gateway...buy a new case!!!

i wouldnt worry to much.. the problem is exactly what you said it is.. the front panel.. i hate them little buggers.
sucks that we cant do crap until you tell us the case and mobo you are using though eh?

ok dude i had a problem like this with a computer it has to be the plugs that your start up switch goes to if you undo it and use just the base if it fits it right you can power up and shut down from the switch on the back i currently use a computer like that and it works for me

udo the the switch entirely from your button on front panel .. mine cause the pc to go haywire with repeatous shuitdown and ons so it worked just fine with out it hooked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom