My anti luck continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax...take some time and pull everything off that mobo...including the CPU and RAm. Reseat everything and use some new thermal paste. Try that first and report back.

Im using artic silver 5 and I have taken everything out about 3 times and check and made sure everything was in the right place. Same results. Why would thermal paste even matter in making the domputer start though./ Just curious

Sorry for being pushy im just strapped for time I cant use this comp forever

The paste has nothing to do with your problem. Some people forget to put new past on when they pull a heatsink and you then can cook your CPU. So a power supply swap. That is your best bet for now given you have R&R'd everythng already. Can you swap the PSU from the puter you are on now and see what happens. It would have to be a 24 pin PSU as well.

yes I could but the psu powered up my old board for about a day before I got my new stuff so I doubt its that

you DOUBT it is that... just because the psu is brand new doesnt mean JACK CRAP!!!

anybody who has built a few computers will tell you that not all parts work 100%. You are more than likely to get bad parts.. for example, out of the three i have built (me, my friends, and my cousins), only one of them was succesful... the other two (mine and my friends) were the bad ones.. i received a DOA psu and he received faulty RAM. both were good brand names and bought right off newegg. my psu was an Antec and his ram was Kingston... so just because its new doesnt mean anything....

does that motherboard have onboard video? if so, take out the vid card and put the vga connector in the mobo to see if you get video that way.. if it doesnt work, you have ruled out the video card as a problem and are left with the mobo/psu. Im backing Rico up when he says to get a temp swap.

EDIT: What is the wattage on the psu?
~Static

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom