Running into installation glitches/errors on my new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

whip-rush2

Beta member
Weird Graphical Artifacts/glitches on the BIOS screen for a New system

I plugged everything in and it booted up fine for about 15 minutes. During the process of partitioning my HDD, the computer began to experience graphical artifates and glitches. Weird patterns, colors, symbols and missing letters. So I have yet to install windows or alter the bios.

Even when I start it up and enter the bios, I get the same glitches. It doesn't lock up at all but its difficult to read any of the words due to the issue. The board doesnt seem to support AGP so i can't test my older computers card on it.

Any suggestions as to a possible problem that would case this?

ASUS A8N-E Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core

SAPPHIRE Radeon X1800XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

OZC 520w power supply 20+4 pin

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)

HITACHI Deskstar 7K80 80GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
whip-rush is offline Reply With Quote

did you connect the power plug to the video card? , i suggest youll test the monitor on another pc just be sure it aint the troublemaker (its not unusual for a peice hardware to go south all the sudden)

I tested two different monitors, both have the same problem.

The power goes directly from the video card to the power supply using a 6-pin connector.

There is a place on the vid card for a 3-pin connector, any idea what that is for?

I have no idea about the 3 pin connector, but from what I heard, Ati and Nvidia chipsets don't tend to mix very well sometimes........

did you overclock the processor just after you put it together? overclocking with the pci-e/sata frequency unlocked can cause artifacts , if thats not the case then i'd say the card is badly seated or faulty , reseat it and if the problem remains RMA it

Sounds to me like you are going to have to RMA that Video card. Your system is powering up and video is glitched.....RMA the video Card. Do you have another video card you can use temporatily to test your system?

EDIT: I got my hands on an old 4mb card and the system loaded fine, no glitches so that rules out the motherboard as the culprit.

It has not been overclocked, I have not even installed windows yet : /

Unfortunately my older computer only has an agp radeon 9800 and the new mobo doesnt have an agp slot, just the pci-e slot and 4 other pci slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom