Guy at school today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
ok so i was at school today and i happen to see a peice of paper sticking out of one of my somewhat friends binder and it said "DELL XPS" i took it out and looked at it and was amazed by what i saw. he was planning on buying a dell xps notebook for 4.1 grand.. im like LMFAO NO! and i ripped it up and threw it away... lol. i talked him into buying a 1000 dollar notebook and spending the other 3 on a gaming comp since thats what he was going to be doing anyway but he still wanted a notebook so i need a good laptop for about a 1000 dollars USD (from newegg).

i can get the gaming comp by myself :) hehehe 3 grand budget *in heaven :)*

EDIT: i dont know what to look for when buying laptops.. thats why i came here or else i just would have went and bought the first thing i seen for a grand.. :D

He wants a gamming laptop? What size, weight, performance does he want?

For gaming, i would suggest a Sager 5720. Comes with a 7800gtx, and customizable to his desire. It will range in the 2000s.

Other choices are the 19" models from Sager, they even have SLI laptops. Check out www.pctorque.com

The new Dell XPS series are actually very nice dispite their price. They come with 7900gtx, and with a new build design.

*sighs* i guess i should have told you guys what he said then eh?

he said he wanted a gaming laptop in the beginning but then changed is mind to having "just" a laptop and having the gaming desktop im building for him.

so whats a good all around laptop for a grand?

Oh my bad, a good all around laptop...
The Acer 5672 is in the price range now i beleive. Its a pretty good laptop for normal usage.

Comes with a 1.66 DC, 1gb 667 ram, x1400, 15.4" Crystal Bright (glare type)

Asus also makes very solid laptops, but usually run a little more expensive. You can check them out at www.proportable.com It is a very reliable website.

cyberpower and ibuypower make good laptops that come with amd or pentium M cpus with 512 or a gig of ram and dedicated graphics for about $1300 USD. they also look really cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom