Abit VA-20 motherboard help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

greendude15

Beta member
Hi i recently purchased the Abit VA-20 motherboard. I have a AMD athlon 1.333 Ghz processor, and 512 mb of 3200 memory. I have a 40gb hard drive that already has Windows XP installed on it, but i was planning to resinstall once I had booted off the Windows CD-ROM.
When i first booted after installing everything & running off the VGA adapter on the motherboard, the Bios booted told me my processor had 1 Ghz of memory & then just froze. I then restarted it and nothing came up on the screen, the monitor stayed on stand by. I had installed everything correctly so could not figure what was wrong.
The next day I put a graphics card into the AGP and it got a little further. I managed to get into the BIOS where it froze again. I tried it once more and managed to change the boot device to CD-ROM, and save the changes. it restarted recognised the CD then froze on the screen 'Checking your config...' The next time i booted u after this it, came up with nothing again just like it had before.
Your help would be really appreciated.
Jack

Cheers m8. my processor is quite old now. would that explain why it was freezing on the bios & not showing display? which would be the best but not too expensive chip to go for? tar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom